Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good things come in small packages?


I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with my height.

Among my good ol' Klang friends, i'm among the shortest, if not the shortest. Although I still have around 2 years or so to catch up, I don't think I'll ever shoot up since I don't play basketball.

Being short for a guy does damages to his self-esteem. I get teased about it occasinally cos sometimes I look like a small kid with my choice of clothes and clothes size. As a guy, of course you want to stand tall and look like a man. It's a big disadvantage in terms of attracting girls. Hehe.

But over the years, I've come to realise that it's pointless getting frustrated because I know my efforts normally are short-lived and I won't go to the extreme to grow taller. I accept my height. Afterall, in a way, being short is not entirely bad.

If you look at a group of tall people with an odd short one(outlier eh?), which particular person do you notice? Hehe. In a way, I "stand out". I remember in the Korean drama "Stairway to Heaven", the main actor, a director or whatever of the company is quite a short guy by their normal standard. And he walks around with a gang of taller, bigger-sized subordinates and bodyguards following from behind, all in tuxedos. How cool is that?

It's inspiring. Haha.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. i din realise u r shorter b4..
mayb shd check again 2moro.. haha.. =P
well, it's good dat u can accept urself.. =)
i always think dat things would b better if i'm nt dat fat.. T.T
haha..
hv a nice day.. =)

JG Hui said...

Bro,never think like that.Try to be more positive,height isn't everything!!Personality is the most important aspect!!My respected bro,I never look down at you,hope you think like I do.

conan said...

hehe... thanks a lot everyone... i'm not that extreme la on the height issue luckily..