Monday, December 21, 2009

Random post again

Things have been going well for me of late as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. The feeling of having a clear sense of path or direction in life is great, in contrast with the painful wait for my degree result in october when I was full of question marks of what path of life my eventual result will take me.

I'm currently working as a part-time research assistant with my masters due to start in january and I will have sufficient time to study for my society exams as well since the classes are night sessions. It's like a new life and I'm kinda excited to kickoff the new year. Career, to a man, means everything to his pride. Ask yourself, what's your value?

On a side note, I've always have a dilemma in my approach to life. Which would you prefer, try your best and be positive in life, or try your best and be negative and expect the worse result?

My approach is the latter and from experience, it comes with nightmarish pressure and stress although the results are there sooner or later. During my previous preparations for my last degree finals and exam FM, for example, I got over-stressed to the extent that I fell sick on both occasions. The bright side of this approach is that I'm always critical of my own performance however sufficient it is and I was never satisfied with what I have done, which paves the way for improvement.

When you tried your best but expect the worse result, imagine the euphoria when the result turned out to be a good one. It's a joy. Haha

Have a nice day.

No comments: